Thanks For Stopping By

Hey,
I appreciate you checking me out. Please feel free to look around, read some of my stuff, cick on my videos, check out my podcasts, and please leave me a comment. I love to hear from good quality people with good quality input. I would also love for you to follow my blog, and I would be more than happy to reciprocate the favor.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Ultimate Direct Seller

I've been spending an incredible amount of time the last couple of weeks with my Granddaughter. Since suffering a job elimination, it seems I have quickly become the designated Hailey baby sitter. It was like "Hey Dad, really sorry about your job. But hey- since you'll be home tomorrow anyway now, can you watch Hailey?" That was 2 weeks ago and probably 5 days of watching Hailey since. Of course I don't mind a bit.

I spend my days now watching "Ariel's Beginning", "Cars", "The Little Mermaid", "Sleeping Beauty", "Elmo" and "Ratatouille". As one of these movie's are on in the family room, I sneak into the dining room to make follow up calls.

Promptly at noon, I take Hailey up for her nap but not before having to read her about 3 books. The cool thing is some of her favorite books are mine too from back when I used to go through this same process with my son back when he was Hailey's age.

As I was reading "Green Eggs and Ham" (1 of our favorites) to Hailey today, The hidden meaning of the book hit me dead in the face like a 2 ton heavy thing!!! It was a true revelation! I must have read that book about 5000 times in my life. I can't believe I didn't see it sooner. Just like The Beatles "White Album", or The Eagles "Hotel California" or any other example of media creation that exhibits an underlying meaning behind the obvious first layer, I believe Dr. Seuss has been trying to secretly communicate with, and guide children for as long as this time tested master piece has been around. Unlike some of the darker aforementioned examples of hidden messages, I think Dr. Seuss was secretly communicating for good. Are you ready to hear my theory? Read on:

When I opened my eyes to the truth today, and I mean really opened my eyes,
it became obviously clear that "The Cat in the Hat" was written to be used as a guide to children who just might pursue a career in MLM.

The story starts out (for those of you who grew up under a rock somewhere in the desert of Tierra Del Fuego, and are unfamiliar with this master piece) with "Sam I Am" holding up a sign identifying his name to his new prospect. Very quickly into the novel, Sam makes the first MLM mistake. He leads with his product.

I can picture Sam sitting in a business briefing for "The Acme Company" on the night he signed up as a distributor, being told how he will earn a 15% commission for every plate of green eggs and ham he's able to sell, and how he will get a 10% override for every new recruit he brings into the business. He is brewing with enthusiasm at the thought of financial independence! He will be free to just run around and do all the crazy things children's book characters do without ever having to worry about getting a job again. He was told by his upline leadership to go out and talk to as many of his creepy looking Dr. Seuss character friends that he can about the business opportunity. He was ready. He was dripping with ignorance on fire!! He figures he will start his prospecting with the dude in the book that has no name but looks a little like The Grinch who stole Christmas. I think they might be brothers.

Let me back up for one second. The first thing he did was run home, log onto his cartoon PC, open up a Face Book account, and barf on every one's wall he could find about green eggs and ham. Believe me I know. I just deleted him as a friend this afternoon.

Anyway, he did try very hard to market his product and for that he needs to be respected. He tried some benefit visualization strategies on the guy like asking him if he would like them here or there, he asked him if he would like them in a house, or with a mouse. He he even asked the guy if he would eat them in a box or with a fox. In my opnion, he should have never tried that last one without doing a 3 way call with his upline leadership.

His prospect was very adamant about not being interested in Sam's product. It wasn't until Sam, his prospect, a mouse, a fox and a goat, who were in a car riding on top of a train went off of a cliff and landed in the ocean on a boat that Sam was finally able to get his man. What a stud of an associate to have in your downline!!! The End

Before I finish this post, lets just quickly summarize some Do's and Dont's that the great Dr. Seuss was trying to teach all of us in the MLM business:

1- When looking for a business to join, DO find one where you really believe in the products or services. This will create conviction in your very being that people will easily feel which will create trust in you and your business.

2- Don't lead with your business. This cannot be emphasized enough. It sucks. Don't do it!

3- Be persistent. No doesn't mean no. No never means no. No means maybe, and maybe means yes. Therefore, the answer is never no. If you think in these terms when doing your marketing and prospecting, you will never have a problem with rejection again.

Stay tuned for my next post- The Subliminal Messages Behind "The Cat In The Hat"

Just kidding :)








1 comment:

  1. Frank...This is awesome, I loved it!!! Laughed, remembered "the back in the day" situation. Got the whole MLM thing. Perfect, excellent job my good fellow!

    ReplyDelete

I Burned My Bridges This Past Year!!

Merry Christmas To All

Merry Christmas To All
Tis the season for giving

Overcome Adversity The Mohammed Ali Way